Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: re occuring schedules LOST please help! Post Reply Post New Topic
matthew.haselip

Online Status: Offline
Quote matthew.haselip Replybullet Topic: re occuring schedules LOST please help!
    Posted: 30 Sep 2008 at 9:37am
our crystal reports enterprise v10 has lost its re occuring scheduled reports.  the crystal reports app sits on one server and the sql database sits on a different server, ever since the server was powered down un expectidly the re occuring reports shows as failed.

Can somebody tell me what the structure of the crystal report lay out is.  is the re occuring scheduled reports a flat file format? or does the reports sit on the sql database?

if the format of the re occuring schedules are in a flat file format then we do have a backup of the server and which we can restore.

Please respond URGENTLY

thanks
matt
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 30 Sep 2008 at 1:45pm
If a report on a recurring schedule fails, the next copy of it isn't ever scheduled.  You basically need to manually reschedule everything that failed.  I'm not sure how this works in CE10, but in BO XI, I can go to the failed instance and reschedule it from there without having to re-enter all of the scheduling info from the failed version.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
matthew.haselip

Quote matthew.haselip Replybullet Posted: 01 Oct 2008 at 3:10am
oh bummer....

we have over 500 re occured schedules that need to be setup to be re scheduled.  so there is definatly no way in retreiving the re occurance schedules?
matt
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 01 Oct 2008 at 6:59am
Not through the tools that are available in BO.  If you can program in VB.NET, C#.NET or Java, you could probably write a program that would go through all of the instances that failed due to this problem and reschedule them based on the scheduling info in the failed instance.

-Dell

p.s. For a basic tutorial on the .NET SDK, you can go to my website:  http://www.geocities.com/geekgurl7/Intro.html

Edited by hilfy - 01 Oct 2008 at 7:00am
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version