Talk with the Author
 Crystal Reports Forum : General Information : Talk with the Author
Message Icon Topic: CR.NET 2005/2008 book is finished! Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 3
crystalp

Online Status: Offline
Quote crystalp Replybullet Posted: 22 Apr 2010 at 2:41am
Thanks for your quick reply!  I am already very comfortable with connecting to both Access and SQL Server databases.  My question is whether the examples in the book use a database that is available in .mdb format, i.e. Xtreme rather than Adventureworks.  If so, does the .mdb version of the database include all the same tables, fields, and relationships as the SQL version used in the book?

I learn best by hands-on practice, and I am excited about buying this book if I can use the examples in the book as a hands-on tutorial without running into problems with my .mdb database being out of sync with the book.  My projects will use Access databases for single-user desktop applications, and I really don't want to install SQL Express and work with examples in a SQL database in order to have success working with the examples in the book.  Thanks!
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 22 Apr 2010 at 8:55pm
Yes, I do have tutorials in the book you can walk through. I mostly use the Customer table for all of them b/c it's easy to understand and everyone has access to a simple customer table. The tables are all Access, except for some later chapters, b/c I also don't want to deal with SQL Server either unless necessary. When writing a large book, the simpler the better.  :-)
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
silv

Quote silv Replybullet Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 5:55pm

Hello:

I've just bought the book Crystal Reports Encyclopedia .NET 2005/2008. It mentions on page 13 going to this site (www.CrystalReportsBook.com) to download sample code. I'm sorry but I can't find the where the link is. Can anybody please help? Much appreciated.
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 6:54am
Hi - here is the link for downloading the sample code. You need to have your book in front of you when you download it.

http://crystalreportsbook.com/DownloadVol2Source.asp

Brian
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
silv

Quote silv Replybullet Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 4:59pm
Thanks for the link, Brian. Champion.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 3
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version