Writing Code
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Writing Code
Message Icon Topic: CR.NET 2005/2008 book is finished! Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 3 Next >>
rcjohn

Online Status: Offline
Quote rcjohn Replybullet Posted: 16 Nov 2008 at 8:54am
Hi Brian -
Not to be impatient, but I was wondering how the release of the .NET book is coming along. Amazon is no longer taking new pre-orders, and wrote to ask if I wanted to cancel my pre-order.
Wishing your book the best of luck.

IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 17 Nov 2008 at 9:34am
Hi - The book is finished. I got my copy two weeks ago and Amazon received a shipment last week. I assume that it's still listed as 'out of print' b/c their warehouse needs to get it properly stocked and in their computer system. Since they've had it for a week now, I'm hoping that in the next day or two Amazon will show it as being in stock.

Thanks for your patience!
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
rcjohn

Quote rcjohn Replybullet Posted: 11 Dec 2008 at 8:34am

Hi Brian -

I received the book, and finally am finding the time to really get into it. I am very pleased so far.

But where do I get the sample code? It's clear where the download for the older 2003 book is, but I can't find one for the new book. If the samples are the same, then entering the "first word on page 250" needs to accept the answer for the new book.

Thanks

IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 12 Dec 2008 at 12:01pm

Oh man, I totally forgot about the sample code! Let me work on that this weekend and get it posted.

Sorry!
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 21 Dec 2008 at 10:18pm
I have the source code uploaded now. If you own the book, you can get to it at this link:

IP IP Logged
mpoobesh

Quote mpoobesh Replybullet Posted: 10 Nov 2009 at 11:55pm
Hi Brian,

Is there any way we can have the ASP.NET application picks up a saved RPT file (with saved parameters values and data) and just refresh only (no need to view)?

Should we need to handle Reportdoc.refresh() function in C#?

Please help.
IP IP Logged
SriramRamani

Quote SriramRamani Replybullet Posted: 17 Nov 2009 at 3:07am
HI Sir ,

Could you help me regarding my problem , please , its very very urgent . Please . Below is my Scenario.

Now i have a case that i have my necessary fields and data in my report viewer , but more than half of the page is left empty

can any one help me regarding reducing the size of the reoprt (height and width)

my content is only half of the page in the report viewer . if the page is printed as such the remaining will get wasted . So i want a solution that makes the page area less or fit to the data in the report viewer . like a billing in any normal shop . For example in medical shops their bill size is small na , i need in such a kinda page format . Please let me know ASAP. Very very urgent Please anybody help me
Sriram
IP IP Logged
CrystalVoyager

Quote CrystalVoyager Replybullet Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 6:59am

Brian,

Thank you for your insight and publications. I have had great success implementing what I learned from Crystal Reports .Net Programming. I used that knowledge for solutions in both VB and C# applications. I have new web projects slated using 3-tier asp.net with mysql. Therefore, I am excited about the new book and will check it out soon. Additionally, in my organization, we are beginning to explore global data resources and have end users interested in data mining. What type of reference would you recommend for end users who have excel knowledge and want to explore creating their own crystal reports?

Thank you

Gene

Helping to make the world a better place, one response at a time.
IP IP Logged
crystalp

Quote crystalp Replybullet Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 11:20am
I hope this is the book I've been looking for.  My organization uses Visual Studio 2008 with VB and the embedded version of Crystal Reports along with Access 2003 databases.  Do the examples in this book use a database that is available in .mdb format or do they require using SQL Express?
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 10:29pm
Yes, this book should be just what you need. It covers connecting to .mdb and SQL Server. It also covers connecting to datasets, custom classes, etc.

Edited by BrianBischof - 21 Apr 2010 at 10:29pm
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 3 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version