Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Updated driver, now connection issues Post Reply Post New Topic
eoin237

Online Status: Offline
Quote eoin237 Replybullet Topic: Updated driver, now connection issues
    Posted: 18 Oct 2008 at 9:31am
I'm sure this question has been asked hundreds of time(as I have noticed when I googled it :-)  Back in February I started working with Crystal Reports to create Remedy-based reports.  I had our local Win server admin install the arodb63(Remedy) driver on the Enterprise server but my reports would never run once uploaded to the server.  I did verify that the driver was set up identical to my desktop's driver.  I gave up after a couple of weeks with no luck.  A couple months later I just happen to try again and it worked.  It has worked now for the past 3-4 months with no issues.  Well now we are in the process of upgrading from Remedy 6.3 to 7.1 so we upgraded the driver on the server and now the reports are not working again.  I've checked all the driver settings to make sure they remained the same but I'm still getting "Failed to open the connection." when attempting to run one of the reports from the server.  Is there something within the application itself that has to be updated?  The most frustrating part of the whole thing is that we have nobody that supports the application.  I only have access to CMC and Infoview.  

I would be so very grateful for any ideas y'all might have for me to try.  Sorry this is so long winded Smile
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version