Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Skip Labels in Label Printing Post Reply Post New Topic
BernieHunt

Online Status: Offline
Quote BernieHunt Replybullet Topic: Skip Labels in Label Printing
    Posted: 09 Nov 2008 at 1:37pm
I'm writing some code that will print mailing labels. The target media are the Avery style sheets of labels. In order to not waste media, I want to add an option to select which label to start printing at on the sheet, in the case where they are using a partial sheet.

Is there a Crystal function to tell it to skip down x number of labels before starting to print?

If not, then my plan is to fabricate blank database records that will sort to the beginning of the list. Any better suggestions?

Thanks,
Bernie

Edited by BernieHunt - 09 Nov 2008 at 6:58pm
IP IP Logged
BernieHunt

Online Status: Offline
Quote BernieHunt Replybullet Posted: 18 Nov 2008 at 11:25pm
I couldn't find a built in way to deal with this, so I made one. I put an up/down number control on my form and asked the user what label to start printing on. I think put that number minus 1 blank records into the datatable feeding the report. I filled each field with a space charactor to make sure the field was populated with something. I also made sure that at least one line of the label as not allowed to supress. Its probably easier for the user to also print down the columns rather than across. It makes counting easier in my opinion.

Bernie
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version