Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Tables already linked join type can't be chgd Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
sandy
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote sandy Replybullet Topic: Tables already linked join type can't be chgd
    Posted: 10 Dec 2008 at 1:43pm
I am modifying an existing report which has a subreport.  I am trying to add one additional table and I receive the following err:  If tables are already linked then the join type cannot be changed.  I tried removing the subreport for now hoping that would get rid of the message then clearing the link to the table I just added and then placing the LOJ link back.   At this point Crystal Reports stops and shuts down.   Any suggestions????
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 19 Dec 2008 at 1:18pm
First, have you verified the database recently?  If not, go to the Database menu in Crystal and select "Verify Database".  This will update the report's view of the existing tables.

Do you have Smart Linking turned on?  If so, I would try turning it off to see if that helps resolve the error.  To do this, select Options from the File menu (not Report Options!)  Go to the Database tab and un-check "Automatic Smart Linking".  You'll now have to draw your own link between the tables, but that's a safer way of handling links anyways.

If this doesn't resolve the issue, does the report use any commands instead of tables?  That might be contributing to the problem.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
sandy
Groupie
Groupie

Quote sandy Replybullet Posted: 22 Dec 2008 at 5:27am
I verified the db.  Smart Linking was on.   I unchecked the box.  The link were still present, so I deleted them then redraw them.  When I went to click OK Crystal Reports stopped working and shut down.  As far as Report Commands I have never used them so I need to research as to where to find if they are being used.   Thanks for all your assistance so far!!!
IP IP Logged
sandy
Groupie
Groupie

Quote sandy Replybullet Posted: 22 Dec 2008 at 5:37am

There is nothing under the Add Command tree.

IP IP Logged
disdp1

Quote disdp1 Replybullet Posted: 29 Dec 2008 at 5:18am
Hilfy,

I have the same problem Sandy has and my post is under technical questions, posted the same week.

Turning off smart linking does not resolve this issue in crystal 10 (regedit hack).

I've replicated this issue on numerous subreports. In the query, the field selected is in the 'Select' part of the SQL, BUT the table reference is in not in the 'From' section of the SQL.

Additionally, I am not using commands in the reports.

Dave
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 29 Dec 2008 at 6:44am
Have you tried deleting the subreport, saving the report file, closing Crystal, then reopening the report and editing it?

Do you have the latest service pack for Crystal 10?  You can find it here:

-Dell
IP IP Logged
disdp1

Quote disdp1 Replybullet Posted: 30 Dec 2008 at 4:35am
Hello,

Download and installed SP6 but that did not resolve the issue. It seems that only Subreports are affected by this issue. I can add tables and reference their fields in the root report w/o problems.

Since many of the subreports are quite complicated, redesigning them is not an option I'd like to follow.

I'm going to try upgrading to Verion 11 which we have inhouse. I'd be curious as to whether the parent application that calls the CR10 reports will have a problem w/ the new version reports.

I'll post as to the result of that experiment.
Dave
IP IP Logged
sandy
Groupie
Groupie

Quote sandy Replybullet Posted: 30 Dec 2008 at 5:31am
This is Sandy again.   With regards to the problem I was having ( -- I am modifying an existing report which has a subreport.  I am trying to add one additional table and I receive the following err:  If tables are already linked then the join type cannot be changed.)     We are currently using Xi and the report was done in an earlier version.  First, if necessary, how do I determine what version it was created in?  Second, if it doesn't matter and the report is not using commands please advise what I should be looking for next.   Thanks
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 30 Dec 2008 at 6:57am

Sandy,

Have you applied the available service packs to your Crystal XI install?  I have not run into this issue with XI at all, but I'm on the Developer version of XI r2 SP3 (version # 11.5.9.1227 on the About Crystal screen).

Other that the things I've already mentioned, I'm basically stumped at this point.  If you have the service pack installed, you may have to open a case with SAP to determine what's happening.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
theotherdodge
Groupie
Groupie

Quote theotherdodge Replybullet Posted: 30 Dec 2008 at 12:03pm
I am having this same problem using XI.   Like Sandy, just wanted to add a simple field so I found the table and linked it and now I can't get it to run, even if I delete it.  ???
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version