Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Crystal Reports Unicode Post Reply Post New Topic
KevinBond

Online Status: Offline
Quote KevinBond Replybullet Topic: Crystal Reports Unicode
    Posted: 27 Feb 2009 at 7:45am
I have built a report that is to be usedf in various countries.  I want to ensure that no matter where you are, the report will show the font correctly.  Originally, I had used Arial font, which is not a very good choice for showing some asian characters (my long form dates showed squares instead of the proper characters).  I decided to switch to Arial Unicode MS.  That seemed like a reasonable solution, until I found that it was only installed with MS Office, and not a default or downloadable font.  I have been reading as much as I can Find on Unicode, but things are still not clear to me.  I am wondering if anyone with experiance can inform me about what the proper font choice should be when going international with reports.  What happens in the case of when a report is designed using Arial Unicode MS font, and then the repor tis sent to someone using a Chinese Windows.  I would assume that in Win NT+, that Winny, being somewhat unicode friendly, would find a substitute font, and still display correctly, and in my Chinese tests that seems to be the truth, but  I wanted to see if anyone could confirm this belief of mine.  :-)  If anyone can point in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.  Wink   (BTW, I am using CRXI.)

Edited by KevinBond - 27 Feb 2009 at 7:46am
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version