Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: formula evaluation Post Reply Post New Topic
cajsoft

Online Status: Offline
Quote cajsoft Replybullet Topic: formula evaluation
    Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 5:32am
Hi Folks,
I have a crystal report that needs a summary page on the page header to include summaries of all the formula's in the detail section.

I've created a var on the detail section to total FIELD A.  I have then created formulas to total the field etc.  I wish to place this field on the report header but when I do so the value is 0.  I understand this is because the formula I placed in the detail section to total the var is not executed until after the page header is displayed.. does anyone know any way round this?

thanks
Craig.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 6:19am
I always think of Crystal as basically reading the data, one line at a time, so it doesn't know about the output of a formula in the detail section in the header section...I could be wrong, but this is how I think of it.

To get summary info in the header, I usually have to create a formula that is an aggregate (get the sum of a field for a group) or if it is more complex, a subreport to report back the values.

Hopefully, someone else has an answer that gets the summary in the header.
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 7:03am

Try and use the Summary Function to get your value. These can be placed in headers and can even use formulas as long as they are not using variables. (They are by default inserted into the selected footer but can be moved up to a header).

I see you have used a var but is it needed or just what you used? Can it be replaced with a formula field which you can then use the Summary Functiona as a SUM on?
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version