Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: The request could not be submitted for background Post Reply Post New Topic
hannankhanji

Online Status: Offline
Quote hannankhanji Replybullet Topic: The request could not be submitted for background
    Posted: 24 Mar 2009 at 12:42am
Dear All,
i am gettign this very common error "The request could not be submitted for background processing."..
There are many solutions found on net but nothign worked. i have environment like this
VS 2003
Crystal reports 10
Reports are embedded in dll's , reports datasource is dataset generated at runtime.
it is wiered that same report comes once and if u try to generate after some time then it throws me this error.
i tried checking uniqe identifier ,ther are not duplicates, i added "whileprintingrecords" in the formulas but still no success.. so ur help is needed.
thanks
hhk999
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 26 Mar 2009 at 12:42pm
Are you disposing of the report and then recreating it before you run it a second time?

The .NET Crystal components are just .NET wrappers for COM components.  COM is notoriously bad for not cleaning up after itself.  So, you have to explicitly do .Dispose() on the reports to clean up the memory that they're using.  You should also explicitly dispose of any report objects before your application closes.

-Dell 
IP IP Logged
kalikrishna17

Quote kalikrishna17 Replybullet Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 1:36am
Originally posted by hilfy

Are you disposing of the report and then recreating it before you run it a second time?

The .NET Crystal components are just .NET wrappers for COM components.  COM is notoriously bad for not cleaning up after itself.  So, you have to explicitly do .Dispose() on the reports to clean up the memory that they're using.  You should also explicitly dispose of any report objects before your application closes.

-Dell 

how can i dispose in report document wpf...Thanks in Advance
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 3:07am
ReportDocument.Dispose()

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic