Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: CrossTab Help... Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 3 Next >>
_Wired_

Online Status: Offline
Quote _Wired_ Replybullet Topic: CrossTab Help...
    Posted: 15 May 2009 at 8:41pm

im trying to do a report with the output is the above picture.. the color blue cells is the contractors.. it must be dynamic.. list of contractors can be expanded or lessen... the violet cell is the name of the vessels.. it must be dynamic also.. then the black cells.. these are the counts of manpower of contractors that will be present in that vessel.. and it must be dynamic also.. is this possible to do in crosstab? please help.. thanksSmile

IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 15 May 2009 at 10:50pm
Maybe...
Set you crosstab column to the Contractor name field.
Set your row to use the Vessels field and summarize on probably a sum of the manpower field (although this will just be a number not number and letter). Not sure about the last part without seeing the data.
All parts of a crosstab are inherently dynamic and will change as the data in pulled into the report changes.

Edited by DBlank - 15 May 2009 at 10:50pm
IP IP Logged
_Wired_

Quote _Wired_ Replybullet Posted: 15 May 2009 at 11:34pm
thanks for the reply.. my problem only is the "summarized" i dont know how to figure it out... Unhappy
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 16 May 2009 at 8:19am

Can you post some sample data as rows and explain them a little? Like what is the Letter for next to the number in you summarized cells? Maybe I can figure it out if I can see what your raw data looks like...

It looks like you actually have a sub grouping in the rows of the crosstab. You indicate 3 rows for daddy 4 for Sussie and 1 for baby. This makes me think you need a double grouping for your rows, primary by the Vessel field and secondary by soemething else but I don't know what.
Your summary might be some kind of count or distinct count of employee number, or a sum of a total workers field or something like that. I can only guess. Without seeing actual data that is the best I can do for you.

Edited by DBlank - 16 May 2009 at 8:23am
IP IP Logged
_Wired_

Quote _Wired_ Replybullet Posted: 18 May 2009 at 6:20pm

Sorry.. i forgot to indicate the legend... here it is.. black cells are the number of manpower from contractors who is present in a certain vessels..  you notice that under the BIG DADDY vessel and G&R contractor there are 3 rows.. sometimes it could be 4 rows, 5 rows, 2 rows..
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 19 May 2009 at 11:26am

Is your actually data one column that has the number and type of employee together like your crosstab ("1W") or two columns with the type and # split out seperately?

This will change your design a bit but here is how to handle it.
If it is two columns add another grouping to your rows in the crosstab as the "worker type" field then sum on the employees # field.
If it is one column you will need 2 make two formulas to split it apart. Then add the formula that has the type as your grouping and sum on the other.
I can't write the formulas unless I know the exact data set up but most like you will just be able to use a left(field,1) and a right(field,1) to split it up. If you need help with that please post some sample data.
IP IP Logged
_Wired_

Quote _Wired_ Replybullet Posted: 02 Jun 2009 at 12:28am
hi sir.. here's the sample data..

IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 02 Jun 2009 at 7:07am
I cannot see any data.
IP IP Logged
_Wired_

Quote _Wired_ Replybullet Posted: 02 Jun 2009 at 7:20pm
you can't see any picture attached? even in my previews post? here's the linkof the sample data's >>> http://i42.tinypic.com/fema14.jpg .... and here's is the link for the output >>> http://i41.tinypic.com/34e6ja1.jpg
thanks
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 02 Jun 2009 at 7:54pm
Odd. I could not see the pic at my work but I can see it using my home computer. IT must be using some filter there I was not aware of, anyway...
For your Crosstab set it up as:
Set your Column to use the CnName field.
Set your Rows to use the Vname and Pcode (Primary Vcode and secondary PCode).
Use the CountofWorker field as the field to Summarize as a SUM.
This won't look exactly like your original post request but I think it does what you need...
Hope it helps.

Edited by DBlank - 02 Jun 2009 at 7:57pm
IP IP Logged
Page  of 3 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version