Writing Code
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports .NET 2003 : Writing Code
Message Icon Topic: A little help for this Canadian Newby Post Reply Post New Topic
monotone

Online Status: Offline
Quote monotone Replybullet Topic: A little help for this Canadian Newby
    Posted: 20 May 2009 at 6:08am
Hey folks,

I'm such a newbie that I don't even know if I'm putting this in the right section or not.

Our company has been using Accpac 4.2 for a while now and Crystal Reports 7.0.  We don't do many reports each month but the ones that we use are a bit time consuming the way we do it.  The manager of the company is retiring and I get to continue to do his reports and need to find a better way.

We use 1 report for everything... and we enter the date, and can choose either the customer #, the part# or the category.  So we need to track our 10 key parts (with numbers that aren't in order) and we have to enter from part # 00000 to part #48428  then when the report prints we have to take out certain part numbers that we didn't want in the report... very confusing and time wasting. 

I have been fooling around for a bit and have a SUM of OESHDT.qtysold set up with the following formula: 

{OESHDT.ITEM} in ["7455U", "7456U", "7457U", "7458U"] and
{OESHDT.TRANDATE} in {?startdat} to {?Enddate}

so that all i have to do now is enter the date and it gives me the total # of these items sold.  It's great!  But I have to do this then for our 10 major components. 

Here is my question:  Is there a way to add a 2nd, 3rd or more of the same type of formula (but with different search perameters) so that I only have to run 1 report each month instead of the 10 reports that I do?

So I would enter the date January 1, 2009 to January 30, 2009 and it would show me

Total 7455, 7456, 7457, 7458 = 20 sold
PART #B_____ 30 sold
PART #C _____ 200 sold

?? Do I sound confused?  It's prbbably because I am.  But I'm sure there is someone out there that can help me!!!
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version