Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Window "Enter values" doesn't work Post Reply Post New Topic
queloz

Online Status: Offline
Quote queloz Replybullet Topic: Window "Enter values" doesn't work
    Posted: 25 May 2009 at 2:24am
Hi,

I have a report which uses a parameter field. At runtime the user sees a window with the title "Enter values" where he can enter the value of the parameter. If the user clicks on the OK button, nothing happens. What's wrong? Any ideas?

I'm using CR XI R2 in an ActiveX Runtime environment.

Thanks,

Ron.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 26 May 2009 at 6:35am
does the report use the parameter to filter the data?  what sort of values?  does Crystal 'know' how to interpret what the user entered? does the report have static text so that if no data is returned, a report will still be displayed?

There isn't alot to go on, given what you described.  What exactly is 'nothing happens'?  You get a blank page?  does it have the header and footer from your design?  I am assuming that you dropped fields on the report, does that header show (Crystal auto generates a column header when you drop the field, or has this been modified?)  Is there any suppression in place?
IP IP Logged
queloz

Quote queloz Replybullet Posted: 26 May 2009 at 6:48am
Hi,

the interesting thing on this problem is, on our machines the "Enter values" dialog is working (you can click on the "OK" button and the report preview is shown), but on the machine of our customer the dialog shows up, but nothing happens, when the "OK" button is clicked. It seems as this dialog is "broken" on the customers machine (Windows 2003).

Any ideas?

Regards

Ron.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 27 May 2009 at 6:06am
No, sorry.  Do you enter a value before clicking OK, or do you just click.  If you don't enter a value, I would remove the parameter, then the report should run without the dialog box, and it should work for both you and the customer.

It definitely is odd this behavior.  Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version