Tips and Tricks
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Tips and Tricks
Message Icon Topic: engine.dll error when exporting report to pdf Post Reply Post New Topic
phthisis

Online Status: Offline
Quote phthisis Replybullet Topic: engine.dll error when exporting report to pdf
    Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 12:42pm
Hello all, i have been trying to find the cause of my plight for a couple of days now.  I recently upgraded one of my vs 2005 programs to vs2008.  With that i had to update my merge modules.  I beleive 2005 used CR 9 and vs 2008 uses CR 10.5. 

Anyway since that framework upgrade one of my larger reports bails when i try to export to pdf.  It will take up to 2 minutes to return a crystalengine.dll error, now this report was working fine in the 2005 environment and oddly enough since the upgrade this is the only 1 out of 10 reports that does not export properly.  The report has roughly 16 detail sections and mainly contains string based data.  I can print the report fine and even print it to pdf (with adobe software) fine so i have a workaround.  I have installed as many service packs as i could find but am still getting the issue.  any help is appreciated.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version