Writing Code
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Writing Code
Message Icon Topic: Crystal Reports Viewer doubleclick text event Post Reply Post New Topic
klausmb

Online Status: Offline
Quote klausmb Replybullet Topic: Crystal Reports Viewer doubleclick text event
    Posted: 17 May 2007 at 8:36am
I am using VB.Net/C# 2005. An MDI Form with a Crystal Reports Viewer control.

The double click (and click) event in .Net looks like this (I inspected the types, the casts and types are correct)

Private Sub crvReportViewer_DoubleClick(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles crvReportViewer.DoubleClick
        Dim crv As CrystalReportViewer = CType(sender, CrystalReportViewer)
        Dim mouseArgs As MouseEventArgs = CType(e, MouseEventArgs)

End Sub
The event is getting fired I can break into and get to the above objects, now how does one determine the text that was clicked on the report inside this event, this must be a common scenario? but I can't work it out.

Thanks
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 17 May 2007 at 11:25am
Unfortunately, I can't answer that one. The event itself doesn't give you any information about what was clicked. It simply lets you know someone clicked somewhere on the report. From  my experience with the Crystal Reports object model, there aren't enough properties to determine what you want to find out. The runtime interface with the ReportDocument object is much too basic.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
klausmb

Quote klausmb Replybullet Posted: 18 May 2007 at 1:02am

That is extremely dissapointing if that is the case. What is the point of the click/doubleclick event then? what do people use it for?

If this is the case we may have to switch to another reporting service, any suggestions?

Thanks.

IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 18 May 2007 at 9:16am
To be honest, I have no idea what the purpose of that event is for. It doesn't do anything as far as I can tell. Active Reports is excellent for runtime customization and interaction. It gives you ten times more control over a report than Crystal Reports.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version