Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: SubReport help Post Reply Post New Topic
kaifiser

Online Status: Offline
Quote kaifiser Replybullet Topic: SubReport help
    Posted: 01 Jul 2009 at 8:48am

Hello,

I have one subreport in my 4th group with only 10 or so lines of data linked to the 3rd Group – The RH and GH in the subreport are suppressed; currently, after the third group has been drilled into, the subreport data comes up perfectly; but if you then select the subreport data, it opens on another page with no headings.  I need one of two things please:

·        Either force the subreport to NOT be drillable – just show the 10 lines as they are

·        Or allow for the subreport RH to be shown after the data has been drilled into – NOT when it is first seen after GH3.

I have used the drilldowngrouplevel to much success in this report, but when I put it in the subreport RH is shows as ‘0’ and then ‘0’ even after the data is selected from the subreport.

Any help is appreciated – please let me know if I can explain better.

Cheers

IP IP Logged
DBlank

Online Status: Offline
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 01 Jul 2009 at 9:55am

I do not know of any way to handle this...Even with shared variables the drilldowngrouplevel does not alter when drilling into the subreport so there is no data field to key a supression off of, nor do I know of a way to prevent drilling into the sub report.

If there is some field that is triggered or changes when a user drills into the sub-report you could use that to show/hide headers in the subreport itself, I just am not aware of any such field. Sorry.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version