Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Changing Data Source Location does not work Post Reply Post New Topic
hill.kenneth.b

Online Status: Offline
Quote hill.kenneth.b Replybullet Topic: Changing Data Source Location does not work
    Posted: 06 Jul 2009 at 5:43pm
I'm using CrystalReports9. I have a set of report files that I need to change the existing data source location from a SQL2000 database server to a SQL2005 database server. I can change the data source location just fine if the report only uses a SQL Server stored-procedure; however, if the report uses tables or views from the SQL Server database then I have a problem.

I can set the new data source location in the CrystalReports9 designer, and it runs/previews just fine in the designer's preview. However, when I publish the report to run live/production, I get prompted to enter a username/password for the database.

Has anyone experienced this challenge? Any suggestions is much appreciated!

PS: Yeah, yeah, yeah... I know I'm using CrystalReports9 right now,.... but I am in the process of migrating to BOXI..., but I do need an interim solution.
IP IP Logged
jrengifo

Online Status: Offline
Quote jrengifo Replybullet Posted: 26 Jul 2009 at 8:11pm
Hi,

Did you fix your issue? I have a similar one and I'd like to know how did you fix it.

Regards,

Jorge
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version