Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Performance Problem Post Reply Post New Topic
waiting

Online Status: Offline
Quote waiting Replybullet Topic: Performance Problem
    Posted: 17 Aug 2009 at 1:28am

May i know is that any method to increase crystal report performance for large number of record? Any method to display first page before finish loading other pages?

thanks for help.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 18 Aug 2009 at 6:27am
remove subreports, they affect performance by causing mulitple hits to the database.  Cut down on the number of records.  If you are bringing in a large number of detail records, but you are only going to display them in summary, summarize them on the DB via a stored proc and send the summary over.

No, you can't display the first page until all records are read, as you might have a dynamic grouping which would change the order--I use this feature all the time.

How many records are we talking?
IP IP Logged
waiting

Quote waiting Replybullet Posted: 18 Aug 2009 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by lockwelle

remove subreports, they affect performance by causing mulitple hits to the database.  Cut down on the number of records.  If you are bringing in a large number of detail records, but you are only going to display them in summary, summarize them on the DB via a stored proc and send the summary over.

No, you can't display the first page until all records are read, as you might have a dynamic grouping which would change the order--I use this feature all the time.

How many records are we talking?

Hi,lockwelle. Thanks for reply.
I didnt attach any subreports and i want to show the detail of records over 60,000.It takes few minutes to read all the data.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version