Talk with the Author
 Crystal Reports Forum : General Information : Talk with the Author
Message Icon Topic: About .net programming book Post Reply Post New Topic
Pink

Online Status: Offline
Quote Pink Replybullet Topic: About .net programming book
    Posted: 28 Sep 2009 at 7:43am
Hi,
First of all I would like to tell you that your book .net 2005/2008 is a great reference for me... Congratulation!!!

The questions that I have for you today, is about my next purchase.

What I want to learn more about is creating/modifying report at runtime with vb.net(or c#).  Adding dynamic sorting/grouping options selected by user at runtime to my report.... Play with multiple data table also in runtime... (looks like runtime is my main field research at the moment...lolll)

I say this other book of your : .net programming (the purple one) and I was wondering if it might be what I'm loking for.  I looked for the table of contents, found it on amazone but it's almost exactly the same as in the book I already have... Is this book would be a good purchase for me or not?... If not, you might have another suggestion for me...

Thanks in advance,
Pink, programmer for Softicket
http://www.softicket.net

IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 28 Sep 2009 at 3:21pm
Hi Pink,

I'm glad you like the book! Re the purple book, that was only for CR.NET 2003 and is out of date now. The green one you have is the newest one.

Re your question, I cover a lot of this in Part II of the book. If you want to build reports from scratch during runtime, look at the end where I cover RAS programming. However, that is a HUGE area all by itself. My book just covers enough to get you up and running with RAS. You'll have to consult the help files for more in-depth programming code samples.

HTH.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version