Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Changed Databases Post Reply Post New Topic
alaub

Online Status: Offline
Quote alaub Replybullet Topic: Changed Databases
    Posted: 10 Nov 2009 at 8:51pm
Where I work we are in the process of changing our corporate database from an Informix On RedHat to a SQL Server on Server 2003.
Over the last 18 months I have created around 100 Crystal Reports in both CR 9 and CR 2008.

I have just tested some of these reports to see if they will just work if I change the ODBC connection.
When I do this I get the following error:

Failed to Retrieve Data from the Database.
Details: 42S02:[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid object name 'authority.auth.aualdocs'. [Database Vendor Code: 208 ]

My Question is... does anyone know how I can get these reports to work without recreating them.
I am REALLY hoping that there is a way to simply change the Datasource otherwise I will have to go and recreate nearly 200 crystal Reports... :S

The Company that has done the database conversion has said that I will most likely have to recreate them... but I REALLY don't want to.

Regards
Anita
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 11 Nov 2009 at 6:12am
if the table structure is the same, you can try using the Database/Set Database Location.  Create or select the datasource that is 'new' correct one on the bottom, Update should be enabled, and click update.  You would think that you are done, but you're not.  Go through each table/stored proc in the upper window, matching the value in the lower window and click Update.  If all goes well, the report is updated.

In CR 7 there a facility for changing the dll driver, but I can't seem to find that in XI, so it might be that the Datasource Location replaced that feature (I used it to convert between Oracle and SQL Server).

HTH
IP IP Logged
alaub

Quote alaub Replybullet Posted: 11 Nov 2009 at 1:57pm
Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou!!!!!
You are a Life Saver!!! (or at least a 2 month saver)
Incase you haven't guessed it works!!! YES!!!!!
So VERY happy!!!
Thanks again
Anita!
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version