Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Can CR be used for drill down analysis? Post Reply Post New Topic
vaibhav123

Online Status: Offline
Quote vaibhav123 Replybullet Topic: Can CR be used for drill down analysis?
    Posted: 11 Nov 2009 at 9:25am
Hi,

I was wondering a couple of things:

1. I know CR is a platform for generating great looking reports, but can CR be  used for drill down analysis?

To explain it further, let me give an example. If i have a report which has 3 fields  such as Name, Employee Number, Date of Joining. Now, can I do a drill down analysis on the same report something like if I need to find out the employee numbers of all the people who joined in on the same date?

Is it possible on the same report? Or do i need to write a separate report based on the old one?

Please reply if you know about this.

Thanks,

vaibhav
-V
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Online Status: Offline
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 11 Nov 2009 at 9:53am
Yes it has drilldown functionality.
Can't answer #2 as I do not know your report design.
Drilldown only lets you drill into data that is grouped. So you are asking to drill down on a date so if you group by date then you can drill down on that to see names listed as associated to that date. It all depends on how you group and set up your design.
You can mimic this process using a sub report that can show you wider range of data but it is not really drilling down.
You can also use parameters to limit the data which sounds a little more like what you were describing.

Edited by DBlank - 11 Nov 2009 at 10:20am
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version