Announcements
 Crystal Reports Forum : General Information : Announcements
Message Icon Topic: Query Post Reply Post New Topic
madhu820

Online Status: Offline
Quote madhu820 Replybullet Topic: Query
    Posted: 12 Jun 2007 at 10:25am
Hi all,

I am new to crystal reports. Recently I have been working on .Net. Now I have to generate some of the reports,charts using Crystal reports. Previously I have used Manco Charts and other stuff to generate reports But now I have to switch to crstal reports.

For security reasons, My application requires that crystal reports should not be connected directly to the database. Instead is there any possibilty that crystal reports can create some adaptors, which can run the protocol which I am presently using to connect to databese.

Otherwise can crystal reports generate graphs if we provide the data(which I already pooled from the database and stored in some variables)directly.

Thanks in advance
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 12 Jun 2007 at 11:27am
If you are using .NET 2005, Crystal Reports can print and graph data based on connected or disconnected .NET data sources. If you are using .NET 2003, then you don't have as much flexibility (but it can still be done). So you are best off going with .NET 2005.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version