Announcements
 Crystal Reports Forum : General Information : Announcements
Message Icon Topic: .next page Post Reply Post New Topic
joennika214

Online Status: Offline
Quote joennika214 Replybullet Topic: .next page
    Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 9:05pm
Good day sir can i ask if how can i control the pages in crystal report? example i decided to have 5 pages. ie
for i =0 to 5
crpt.newpage
next

i need this because i have a repot to do..  our Sales quotation generting system doesnt support multiple booking numbers(logistics company) thats why we decided to put to the attachments. so after the generation of reports i want to have a .nextpage so that all of the excess booking numbers will be put there.

is there a function like that? because in componentone it can easily be done. but i done what to use that software because its not being practice in the industry.  im using vb.net 2008 and its built in crystal report. pls somebody help..

IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 12:53pm

That has to be done in the design of the report.  What is the structure of your tables and where does the booking number come from?  Will each page be basically the same, just with a different booking number?  Please give us some more details.

Thanks!

-Dell
IP IP Logged
joennika214

Quote joennika214 Replybullet Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 5:03pm
Thanks for the concern sir Dell.

this are  the details.

Lets say a Shipper has a record ie. shipper first name,middle name, last name etc. in the first page his name will be put at the header then all of his billings. the problem is there is a field in the report by which it can only occupy single booking number of that billing ie.

Shipper: Joebet L. Mutia                               Booking Number 009-23132
                                                                     Container Number 0009-9009

Billings
                                                  amount                        vat                  total
OR: 9900-23232                        89999                         8999               9900
etc etc etc

The problem is there are to many booking numbers, container number maybe 10 or 20 in a single shipper report. so my boss decided to have all of the excess in a attachment following the report. so is it possible to have a .nextpage by which the next page of the report has difference format? ie
pls do help.

Booking Number               Container Number
090909-909090                099090-9090909
988990--9090                   0909--909090

and because the company already have a form that was used trough the years it is not advisable to revised the format because it must be register again to the governemnt for VAT purposes.

thanks

IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 6:42am

So, if I understand you correctly, each page has basically the same data in a different format, correct?

There is no specific ".nextpage" in Crystal, but here's what I think will work for you.

1.  Group by Shipper.  Put  the information about the shipper that only appears once on the page in the group header.
2.  Put the detail booking info for the first page in the  details section.
3.  Create a group footer section for EACH of the other four pages.
4.  In the Section Expert, turn on "New Page Before" for each of the four footer sections.
5.  In each of the footer sections create a sub-report that reads the tables needed for that page and has the data layout for that page.  Link from the Shipper ID in the main report to the Shipper ID in the subreport. 

I hope this helps!

-Dell

BTW, it's Ms Dell - that's a common mistake. Smile
IP IP Logged
joennika214

Quote joennika214 Replybullet Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 10:44pm
you got a point miss. thanks i will update you if i got it right.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version