Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Two Queries in One Report Post Reply Post New Topic
gracia

Online Status: Offline
Quote gracia Replybullet Topic: Two Queries in One Report
    Posted: 22 Jun 2007 at 2:37am
Hi!

I have two queries/records in one report, the first query displays current data and the second query displays prior data, both records contains the same fields, for the query link I did an outer left join, however when I tried
previewing the report I'm getting a "not supported " message  and  "Unknown Query engine error" ,  I would appreciate any ideas, suggestions with regards to this issue.

Thanks!
Grace Pujalte
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 22 Jun 2007 at 10:28am
I have no idea what the error is. Have you looked at Show SQL Query to see what CR is passing to the database? Also, if I was doing this report, I would probably create a SQL Command object and use the UNION keyword to combine the data. This makes both tables appear as one single table with sequential data. You might want to try this as well.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
jkwrpc

Quote jkwrpc Replybullet Posted: 22 Jun 2007 at 11:00am
Just another thought which I suppose have already done is to lake a look at the query link. I am not clear where you are linking the fields, but it sounds like it is in the designer.  If you are using the designer and linking two different queries(command objects ) you should look at the fields you are linking. It still needs to be a relational join or will give you errors. 

Hope this helps.

Regards,

John W.
IP IP Logged
gracia

Quote gracia Replybullet Posted: 23 Jun 2007 at 12:01am
Hi!

Yup! I'm linking the fields at the designer, Actually both records has the same fields the only difference is that Record1 has prior data and Record2 has current data.

Thanks!
Grace Pujalte
IP IP Logged
jkwrpc

Quote jkwrpc Replybullet Posted: 23 Jun 2007 at 11:12am
If you have not resolved this issue, as you  look at what you are using as the linking fields here is a suggestion. Understand I am kind of working in the dark about your data, but one place to start is to use your primary grouping field. I say that because that is way you want your data presented.  

Hope this helps.

Regards,

John W.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version