Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Two-sided paging problem Post Reply Post New Topic
mcohen

Online Status: Offline
Quote mcohen Replybullet Topic: Two-sided paging problem
    Posted: 09 Feb 2010 at 10:44am
My report needs to print on both sides of the paper, but one of the subreports that it calls must always start on the front, not the back, side of the page.  The subreport is in a subfooter (Group Footer #3e), so I have a 'dummy' subfooter (Group Footer #3d) before it, with a formula stipulating New Page After if PageNumber mod 2 = 0.  Since this doesn't seem to work, I also have a formula in Group Footer #3e stipulating New Page Before if PageNumber mod 2 = 0.  Still doesn't work - it just merrily starts the subreport on the even-numbered page.  If I print PageNumber in Group Footer #3e, (above where the subreport is invoked), it does display the even page number, so the formula should be forcing it to throw the page.  This even-page-throwing formula works just fine in other parts of my report and within the subreport itself.  Any ideas why it's not working in this particular case?
IP IP Logged
mcohen

Online Status: Offline
Quote mcohen Replybullet Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 9:53am
The solution I finally arrived at was a combination of a conditional Suppression and conditional New Page After on Group Footer #3d as follows:
Suppress If PageNumber mod 2 <> 0
New Page After If PageNumber mod 2 = 0
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version