Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Infoview and Crystal Report 2008 - help needed Post Reply Post New Topic
rohaizad77

Online Status: Offline
Quote rohaizad77 Replybullet Topic: Infoview and Crystal Report 2008 - help needed
    Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 4:58am
Hi,

I need help...
I designed a report in Crystal Reports 2008 accessing a SQL table via OLE DB. It work fine in the designer...It has some parameters as well

However...
1) when I open the report in Crystal Report viewer 2008, I am not able to select the choice of parameter from the drop down list! It seems to be in readonly but I have already set it to be editable in the designer.... Help!!!

2) I tried to add a Crystal Report in InfoView but it kept on prompting me for the user ID and password to access to the SQL database that the report is accessing. When I entered the user ID and password, I still dont see the data, it will hang there as thought it cant find the SQL server. So, at the moment, I cant view or schedule the report in InfoView at all....The other reports designed in Web Intelligence Rich Client worked fine... probably because its already in BO server itself. Help!!! is it got to do with some settings in the InfoView????

Thank you so much in advance...

Regards,
Zad
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 7:16am

Which product are you using InfoView with?  Crystal Server?BusinessObjects?

On the server where that software is installed, a couple of things need to happen:

1.  The server needs to have the SQL Server client software installed, including the OLE DB drivers.
2.  The "server processes" on that server, in particular the Crystal Reports Processing Server need to be run using a network service account.  The default is for them to run using the local service account on the server.  This account doesn't have access to any network resources.  Best practice is to set up a service account on the network that has a password that doesn't expire and then up all of the relevant parts of Crystal Server or BusinessObjects to use that account.

In addition,  after you publish a report using Crystal, you need to log in to the Central Management Console (CMC), navigate to the report, and set the Database properties on the report so that it knows which userID and password to use for its connection to the database.  You have to do this EVERY TIME you make changes to the report and re-publish it.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version