Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Subreport fields will not split over two pages Post Reply Post New Topic
CrystalDev1000

Online Status: Offline
Quote CrystalDev1000 Replybullet Topic: Subreport fields will not split over two pages
    Posted: 22 Feb 2010 at 6:36am
Hi,

I am working on several reports where the fields pull through text from a client information systems.  These fields can be up to 200 characters long.
The problem i am having is that when I use these in subreports the field does not split over two pages, instead it starts a new page.  This is causing reports to look untidy and unusable.

I have tried un ticking the "Keep together" in section expert this does not work. 

I have also tried some coding getting the length ofthe text field and starting a new page if it exceeds a certain limit,this has some control but still not good enough.

Any ideas?  

I either need to force a split of the field over two pages or find out the remaining space left on the page to code whether the field prints on page 1 or page 2.

IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 22 Feb 2010 at 7:04am
CR doesn't have much control on printing.  If you set 'Can Grow' on, you run the risk of the items on the page being pushed off (if you are printing on a preprinted form for instance).  CR doesn't have any facility for determining how much of a page has been used, other than counting lines, but if you allow an item to wrap, you would need to know how many lines were used, which can be problematic with true-type fonts.

Sorry can't be of more help
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 22 Feb 2010 at 7:25am

Right Click on the subreport and select Format Sub-Report.

At the bottom of the Common Tab is an option for 'Keep Object together' (which defaults to True).
Uncheck that box and your subreport should split over pages (assuming your optiosn in the section expert also are set up for this).
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version