Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: VbNet2008 CrystalReports DLLs Post Reply Post New Topic
Lennie

Online Status: Offline
Quote Lennie Replybullet Topic: VbNet2008 CrystalReports DLLs
    Posted: 23 Mar 2010 at 6:17pm
Hi Good Guys Tongue
I am using VBNet2008 and Crystal Report 9.

Due to lack of experience and knowledge, I encounter another puzzling problem. It's regarding  REFERENCE  DLL.

On the VBNet2008 ToolBar menu option, I click on PROJECT then ADD REFERENCE  and under  ADD REFERENCE Dialog screen, under .NET TAG droplist I selected CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.

On the VBNET FORM I couldn't find the CrystalReportViewer control on the ToolBox.

My question is what CrystalReport DLLS am I supposed to select from the ADD REFERENCE dialog screen and under which TAG, .NET or COM ?

I am asking because the Office Hardware Operator swapped my old PC for a  new PC and freshly install VbNET2008 and Crystal Report .

Please provide me  a list of DLLs by name to select. Thank you.

Have a Good Day,

Cheers,
Lennie
IP IP Logged
jkwrpc

Quote jkwrpc Replybullet Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 7:18am
If you cannot see the viewers on the toolbox you will need to add them. Right click on the toolbox window in VS. You see Choose Items - select it. It will take a moment or two to populate the box, but select the viewers and then add them to the tool box.

Hope that helps

John W.
IP IP Logged
Lennie

Quote Lennie Replybullet Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 10:35am

Hi jkwrpc,

Thank you for your help and suggestion. I followed your instruction and now the toolbox is filled with item Cyrstal Report Viewer Control 9. That is awesome.  Thank you very much for that.

I encountered another problem. My IT Development Manager requested to use Crystal Report TEXT OBJECT to be filled with data from DATAREADER. Out of 7 DATAREADER rows of records only the last one is displayed on Crystal Report because the row override the one before it. Even though I have created a formula field with this chrW(10) and inserted it on Section3[Details].

Please help me.

Have a Good Day,

Cheers,
Lennie
IP IP Logged
jkwrpc

Quote jkwrpc Replybullet Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 4:09am
Lennie

I am thinking out loud, but the solution may be making the data reader a data source for a dataset. Then the dataset can be read into the details section. I don't use data readers much so I may be missing something. I have used the for filling grids and such, but never with a Crystal Report.

Perhaps someone else can step you through this better than I can.

Regards,

John W.
www.CustomReportWriters.net
IP IP Logged
Lennie

Quote Lennie Replybullet Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 11:55am
Hi Jkwrpc,

Thanks for your response.

The reason by It Manager requested using TEXT OBJECT is because by using the FORMAT OBJECT and then use OBJECT NAME to provide names to the TEXT OBJECT ( Eg. TxtData1, txtData2...etc) that makes the Crystal Report very flexible. The same crystal report will be the main common report  and can be used to print different type of report  from different departments using different SQL String and Feed the data from DATAREADER to TxtData1, TxtData2.  

This requirements does help in our massive development projects and save cost as well. Our company has 14 departments and 9 Branches as well. So the same Crystal Report can be used for reporting differant transactions, ( Eg. Sales, Inventory, Delivery Schedule, Account Transaction, Billing )

Have a Good Day,

Cheers,
Lennie
IP IP Logged
jkwrpc

Quote jkwrpc Replybullet Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 4:31am
Lennie

Passing the values to an existing text object is pretty straight forward process. If you are asking about creating dynamic text objects and placing them into the report I am not aware that can be done. There are others here who can correct me, so hopefully they can jump in.

Sorry I cannot be of more help.

Regards,

John W.
www.CustomReportWriters.net
IP IP Logged
Lennie

Quote Lennie Replybullet Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 11:46am
Hi jkwrpc,
The main problem that I am facing is  after filling the Crystal Report TEXT OBJECT how to create a new row and reuse the Crystal Report TEXT OBJECTS.

The DATAREADER has 7 rows of record but the Crystal Report only display the last record because each row from DATAREADER override the one before it.

Have a Good Day,

Cheers,
Lennie
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version