Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Help with Subreports Post Reply Post New Topic
sparkdogg

Online Status: Offline
Quote sparkdogg Replybullet Topic: Help with Subreports
    Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 10:07am
First of all, thank you for the help through the years.  I have googled crystal report issues for the past 4 years and several solutions were on this forum.

Today, I can't find a solution, so I joined :-)

I have created a main report which contains 3 subreports.  Each subreport is linked to the main report only by paramaters, Date Range, and Plant.  All three reports are grouped by Customer Name and have the customer name, $amount open, and sqft in the group footer.  So, my report has 3 subs - Open Orders, Shipped Orders, and VMI Orders.  It looks cheesy but it gives the boss his info for now.  I want the report to have 7 columns, customer name (only appear once), Open $amount, Open Sqft, Shipped $amount, Shipped Sqft, Total $amount, Total Sqft.

All the values I want on the main report are in each subreport's group footer.  Is there a way to share that info with the main report or could I remove the group "customer name" from each subreport and do the grouping on the main report?

If you need more info, let me know.  Thanks.

Edited by sparkdogg - 25 Mar 2010 at 10:09am
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Online Status: Offline
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 26 Mar 2010 at 3:49am
only way is to use shared variables (they can be accessed from and main and subreports).  in the subreports create a formula that assigns the report values to shared variables, then in the main report, create a formula for each shared variable and place it on the report where you want.  You can try placing all the subreports in a new detail band, and then suppressing it, but some have had problems that the subreports don't run...in which case I try to make them really small...or you might try suppressing the output of the stored proc, so that it doesn't display...that might work.

you might have to play a bit, but the key is the shared variables.

HTH
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version