Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: How to stop cells on export from merging Post Reply Post New Topic
gloworm
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote gloworm Replybullet Topic: How to stop cells on export from merging
    Posted: 06 Feb 2013 at 7:02am
How do I stop an exported report from having extra or merged columns?

In the design of the report, the headings are the same size as the details they are headings for.  Therefore, none of the headers or data cross over one another.  How is it that I get extra columns and merged columns.

In my current export, the problem arises in the headers and details of a subreport.  The data is positioned correctly under the headers but somehow the data and headers are getting merged on the export. See in these eaxples.  The data for Vendor is merged in Columns o and p.  In the second example, you see the header for Mfg Part takes up p and q.

How do I get this to stop merging?

IP IP Logged
gloworm
Groupie
Groupie

Quote gloworm Replybullet Posted: 07 Feb 2013 at 4:20am
This is becoming a huge issue.  Now 2 more columns are doing the same thing.  I made one of the new columns smaller and it fixed the issue.  I tried this on the other merging headers and it did not work.

Why is this happening?  I have never seen this before and have no idea how to fix it.
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 07 Feb 2013 at 11:37am
I wrote an article about this for the SAP Crystal Reports and Dashboard Design Facebook page a couple of years ago.  You can find it here: http://on.fb.me/RddYL9
Basically you have to be very precise about how you line everything up - from the column headers down through any column summaries.  Everything in a column needs to line up on the left and be exactly the same width as everything else in the column.  There's a bit more to it too, which is why you should read the post.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
gloworm
Groupie
Groupie

Quote gloworm Replybullet Posted: 11 Feb 2013 at 4:58am
I now have the columns aligned correctly.  My issue was in the sub report.  I changed the width of the sub report to be the width of the main report, then made the sub data the same X and Width of the headers.

I have extra rows that I cannot figure out where they are coming from.  The extra rows are before each new record.  I have checked each section of the report and do not find anything that is telling the report to add a row.  All of the sections of the report that are showing, not suppressed, and tight on the data in the section without space under.

On the export, these extra rows are just about hidden they are so small in height.  I didn't even see them at first.

Here is a screenshot of the row numbers.  You can see that rows 18, 22, 26, and 31 and very small, virtually hidden.

How do I get rid of those rows?

Edited by gloworm - 11 Feb 2013 at 5:00am
IP IP Logged
chudok
Groupie
Groupie

Quote chudok Replybullet Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 8:30am
I cannot find this article, I would be interested in reading it.
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 9:35am
I'm not sure that the document even exists on Facebook any more. However, this link contains the information you need: https://archive.sap.com/documents/docs/DOC-39608

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version