Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Two Criteria Post Reply Post New Topic
wwoaustin

Online Status: Offline
Quote wwoaustin Replybullet Topic: Two Criteria
    Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 6:47am
I have a report where I have large number of records over a running 10 day date range.

I have one field that has the date which can be any of 10 days.

I have a second field with the agent name.

I have a third field with the segment type which is either OTBREAK or OTLUNCH.

There is a 4th field from a different table that shows Total OT Scheduled in mins.

I am trying to differentiate agents with one OTBREAK record on a date versus those that have more than one.

If an agent has one OTBREAK on a single day with record filter would be 240 minutes in the Total OT field and if the agent has more than one OTBREAK on a single day the filter would be 360 minutes.

I am having trouble creating a formula or set of formulas to use name and date in combination to make a true false or equivalent statement.

Thanks for any help you can provide,
Austin
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 26 Sep 2014 at 9:36am
How good are your SQL skills? You're probably going to have to use either a Command or a view in the database for this instead of linking tables together. A Command is nothing more than a SQL Select statement that you enter in the Command Editor in Crystal to pull ALL of the data for the report.

In general, you don't want to have a Command linked to anything (another command, tables, etc.) in your report because Crystal is not able to push the filter or the joins to the database. Instead, Crystal will pull ALL of the data into memory and do the joins and filtering there, significantly impacting the speed of the report.

Also, when you use a Command, you should NOT use the Select Expert to filter the data for the report - for the same reason - Crystal can't push it to the database so your report will be slow. Instead, you'll put any filtering into the "Where" clause of the SQL in the Command.

If you need to use parameters, you MUST create them in the Command Editor which cannot "see" any parameters that are created in the report itself. There are very limited options for configuring the parameters in the Command Editor, but params created there will appear in the Field Explorer after the command has been saved. You can then edit them from there.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version