Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Javascript errors appear opening Crystal 11.5 Post Reply Post New Topic
mbrayco

Online Status: Offline
Quote mbrayco Replybullet Topic: Javascript errors appear opening Crystal 11.5
    Posted: 26 Jan 2015 at 10:53am
Hello everyone,

Starting this past Friday I noticed several users at my company having several Javascript errors appearing when they try to open the Crystal Reports program. Four errors appear in total (I have saved screenshots of the errors but am not including them for space saving). All four refer to "go.sap.com" and clicking either the "Yes" or "No" option for "Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?" doesn't seem to make a difference. After clicking through all four messages, under the "Getting Started" section of the start page, a page appears that looks like an ad for Business Intelligence (BI) solutions. We have a valid license for Crystal 11.5 (which is entered and correct on all workstations), so I wonder why this is happening. Java is up to date on all affected computers. Not all Crystal-equipped computers have this issue (for example it appears on my desktop but not my laptop), and not all get this screen all the time (I got it Friday but not today, but other users are still seeing it). To further confuse matters, this only seems to happen when opening Crystal itself first. If a report is opened directly rather than opening Crystal first, none of this happens. Bottom line is how worried do I need to be about this, and is there a way to shut this off (so it stops annoying users)?

Thanks in advance,
Michael
IP IP Logged
Vimal Nair

Quote Vimal Nair Replybullet Posted: 27 Jan 2015 at 12:37am
Did you checked the update settings on Crystal reports? Uncheck " Check update on startup" from help tab. This might be a reason for this message. 2nd can be due to the startup page. It will check for the internet connectivity to display the ad's on Startup page. May be the internet is blocked or some proxies are being used. Kindly check that also.
Born To Live
IP IP Logged
mbrayco

Quote mbrayco Replybullet Posted: 27 Jan 2015 at 9:56am
Thanks for the reply.

"Check for updates on startup" is not checked on any of the affected workstations, but the Javascript errors still appear. Internet access isn't blocked per se, and no proxies have been put into effect. All of the affected computers have had this same CR version installed from the beginning (at least 1 year on the newest workstation), yet the error has only appeared in the past week. Prior to that there were no Javascript errors (or anything else for that matter). Also, "show online resources" is unchecked, but the Javascript errors still appear.

I did notice, however, that I was able to copy the URL shown on one of the popups, and paste it into a regular web browser, and have the message show up correctly. With that in mind, my next move is going to be uninstalling and re-installing CR on one of the workstations to see if that makes any difference.

Edited by mbrayco - 27 Jan 2015 at 10:00am
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version