Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Variable value in a Group Footer Post Reply Post New Topic
MikeA57

Online Status: Offline
Quote MikeA57 Replybullet Topic: Variable value in a Group Footer
    Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 10:25am
I have a report with a subreport in the Report Footer B section. I'm feeding the totals from the main report to the subreport via variables. That all works fine. (See the Blue circle)

Next, I'm adding more items in the body of the subreport that need to be added to the total that was brought over from the main report. Then I'm subtotaling that value in the group footer for those items. (See the Green circle)

Another group presented below the first group and another subtotal line. This time though, the value from the above subtotal isn't carried forward. Instead, the original variable value is presented. (See the Red circle)

I understand why this is happening, the 2nd group is zero and I'm telling it to add to the variable value so it displays the variable value but I don't know how to correct the issue of it not carrying the value from above forward.

I tried to set up a Running Total for the original Group Footer value, but CRW wouldn't allow me to select ththat formula field as a Running Total.

Here's the formula I built to sum the variable value and the Group Labor Total (the Green & Red circles):

{@TLbrVar} + Sum ({CrystalData.LaborTotal}, {CrystalData.Group3})

And here's the graphic illustrating the issue:

Thank you for any help you can provide!!

Mike
IP IP Logged
MikeA57

Online Status: Offline
Quote MikeA57 Replybullet Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 3:27am
Well, I got it working by using the Crystal 3 part variable trick. I only needed two of them though. Once I placed the calculation & display formulas on the report the totals worked perfectly.

(http://community.spiceworks.com/how_to/1743-3-part-variables-in-crystal-reports)

Edited by MikeA57 - 10 Mar 2015 at 3:35am
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version