Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Wrong data set showing until last page? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 2
DBlank

Online Status: Offline
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 05 Jan 2017 at 8:46am
section expert, select the group header and footer and see if the new page before or new page after is ticked off or is using a formula

also are people intended to drill into a group to print?
Otherwise since these are mixed groups you would likely have multiple "printing directions" for one print job.
IP IP Logged
Doolhoff

Quote Doolhoff Replybullet Posted: 05 Jan 2017 at 8:54am
No headers or footers have the new page ticked.

What do you mean by "are people intended to drill into a group to print?" No body in the office uses crystal but me. Everyone else access the data through EFI Radius if you're familiar with it.
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 05 Jan 2017 at 11:15am
I am not familiar with EFI.
I am making a number of assumptions here that might be confusing to the problem.
I assumed you were including this text so that when the user went to print the report they would choose the 'correct' way to print it.
I am confused because each group may require a different way to print. To further compound it two groups with different printing requirements might be on the same page.
When I suggested drilling into the report it opens a group into s new report tab and you can print that separately from the larger group which deals with the confusing aspects above.
I still don't think this is entirely what you want but you can set the text using group criteria something like this:

if Minimum({wi_route.wi-r-p-printf},groupfieldhere) = TRUE and Minimum({wi_route.wi-r-p-printr},groupfieldhere) = TRUE Then
     "Two Side Printed"
Else
    If Minimum({wi_route.wi-r-p-printf},groupfieldhere) = TRUE Then
        "Surface Print"
    Else "Reverse Print"
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 05 Jan 2017 at 11:42am
note you would usually want to place that formula field into a group header/footer as it is a 'group result'. If you place it in a page header or footer it will execute for the firs or last group on that page so you have a similar issue as to what you first described. However, I again am not sure why you would want to give opposing printing directions to a single page.
IP IP Logged
Doolhoff

Quote Doolhoff Replybullet Posted: 06 Jan 2017 at 12:06pm
Thank you very much DBlank! I will try your suggestions and hopefully they will work!
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 2
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version