Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Crystal Runtime no longer includes Destination Post Reply Post New Topic
brain

Online Status: Offline
Quote brain Replybullet Topic: Crystal Runtime no longer includes Destination
    Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 1:54pm
We have a third-party product that uses Crystal Runtime for reporting. The runtime is invoked from within their applications, not independently by users.

Up until a recent upgrade, when we clicked export, we had two boxes: Destination (Disk File, Exchange folder, and especially MAPI, among others) and Format (.pdf, various Excel options, etc).

In that recent upgrade of their system, we lost the Destination option. So now we have no way to export directly to MAPI. Instead, we have the cumbersome process of exporting to a file, manually opening the mail client, starting a message, selecting the attach option, browsing for the file, selecting it, then deleting the file after sending the message (in order to prevent buildup of obsolete files used only as email attachments).

The new Crystal Runtime version appears as "SAP Crystal Reports runtime engine for .NET Framework (32-bit)". The old version did not appear as a separately-installed program; it was just there and available within these applications but with no separate entry in Programs & Features.

Here is the question: did Business Objects drop the Destination options in this or some prior recent version, so that it is simply no longer available as an option to our third-party software provider, or did our provider fail to include that as an option?

If the former, then I guess we are just stuck along with the provider; if the latter, I have a legitimate complaint of loss of functionality with our developers.

Edited by brain - 20 Mar 2019 at 5:45pm
IP IP Logged
brain

Online Status: Offline
Quote brain Replybullet Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 10:43am
Well, now I hear that SAP dropped MAPI support because Windows 10 does not support it. That does not sound right to me.

Any ideas?
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version