Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Crosstab Totals and Formula Post Reply Post New Topic
alfiet

Online Status: Offline
Quote alfiet Replybullet Topic: Crosstab Totals and Formula
    Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 1:00am
Hi, I've been away from CR for a few years (having been using SQL Report Services instead) and can't remember how to do much, so i'm hoping someone may be able to help me with a specific issue!

I have a crosstab that has two row fields (Customer and Year - the Year will be Current Year and Last Year and possibly the year before last year as well) and a column which we call Type. The Type's are things like Units, Value, Profit etc. I have managed to suppress the Grand Totals, but can't work out how to suppress the Totals being displayed for the Type columns. For example, I'm seeing a total units column for a customer for the last three years - this isn't a useful number for us so we'd like to suppress it. All Suppress Totals options have been selected in the Crosstab Expert window.

Secondly, instead of the Total we'd like to see difference and percentage difference between each subheading for the Current Year and Last Years numbers (i.e. the difference between this year and last years Units, Value, Profit etc). I could do this with extra SQL views but wasn't sure of this can be done in the crosstab instead?

Hopefully this makes sense.

Thanks

Edited by alfiet - 12 Apr 2019 at 1:00am
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Online Status: Offline
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 02 May 2019 at 10:30am
CrossTabs are not my forte, and while they create columns, I am not a fan of what they display. It seems pretty limiting. If you know the number of years back that you may be going, I think just creating a report that does what you want is 'simpler'. You could craft your SQL to 'pivot' your data so the Crystal displays it nicely.

Sorry, not much help.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version