Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Generate all fields Post Reply Post New Topic
Paul46

Online Status: Offline
Quote Paul46 Replybullet Topic: Generate all fields
    Posted: 16 Oct 2008 at 7:10am
Hi,

We use an eventbookingprogramm called Full House. This programm Full House generates reports in Crystal Reports format. But this reports were not to our liking and i decided to try and change them into reports that are useable for us. I must say, for an absolute beginner i did pretty good.
Now i'm encountering a problem that i can't solve while i think it's not that complicated. I must mention the fact that all connections to the database are already made by the makers of Full House and they are password protected. They allow us to make changes in the reports itself but we cannot get into the connectionpart of it.

Having said that the problem is as follows:

We like to make a Food & Beverage list with 25 items on them, behind each item the quantity must appear. Items like Coffee, Tea, Sandwiches etc. Now all those items must always appear at this list, but not all of those items are always booked in Full House so not all items appear in Crystal reports.
Now i created all items as text objects in CR but then ofcourse i don't get the quantities behind them, because text objects are just that.
Well, my question is: how to get those 25 items on my list with the quantities (if an item is booked) behind them and empty when not booked? And remember access to the database or any connections is passwordprotected and thus not available to us.

I hope someone can explain and help me with this.

IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 16 Oct 2008 at 1:19pm
I assume that there is a table in Full House that contains a list of all of the items and another table that has information about what was booked and that both of these tables are in your report.  In the Database Expert, select the join between these two tables and the right-click on it and select Link Options.  If the link is from the item list table to the items booked table, make this a Left Outer join.  If the link is the other direction, make this a Right Outer join.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version