Announcements
 Crystal Reports Forum : General Information : Announcements
Message Icon Topic: Autographed copies of CR Encyclopedia Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Topic: Autographed copies of CR Encyclopedia
    Posted: 18 Apr 2007 at 5:13pm
My new book, "Crystal Reports Encyclopedia, Volume I" is getting close to being finished. I'm hammering out the final chapter now. It should be ready for shipping in mid-June.

I've been debating whether to let people pre-order autographed copies of the book online. This lets the forum members be the first ones to get the book. You would get it before the stores even get their copies in stock. It would be helpful for me to get some money in advance to fund the printing of the book because I'll be doing a big print job for this one and it won't be cheap.

The only caveat would be that I will only ship within the US b/c international shipping fees are very expensive.

If you think you'd be interested in ordering one of the first copies of the book, please respond here. If this gets a lot of interest then I'll do it.

Oh yeah - Here is the Amazon.com link. They say it will be ready in September, but that is wrong. Unfortunately, they won't list the actual date till they get their copies in stock.
Crystal Reports Encyclopedia

One more thing - This is for Volume 1 only and it DOES NOT cover .NET 2005. The .NET programming model and how to integrate reports into your custom application will be covered in Volume 2 only. I expect Volume 2 to come out late this year (but I have no idea when since I haven't started working on it yet).

Edited by BrianBischof - 18 Apr 2007 at 5:26pm
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
-che
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote -che Replybullet Posted: 19 Apr 2007 at 9:05am
Cool I am the first to reply! Put me down for one... is there a link to a paypal or something to send you the money? Since I am the first to reply and purchase can you write #1 copy sold along with your autograph?

Thanks and congrats on finishing up the book!
-che
IP IP Logged
ACalderon

Quote ACalderon Replybullet Posted: 03 May 2007 at 10:29am
Hi there, Sign me in for one too !!!
How do I send the money bro?
Thanks and Best Regards
AC
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 04 May 2007 at 8:51am
Thanks for your interest! However, the response has been pretty non-existent so I don't know if I'll offer this or not. It will take some work to set up and do it. I still have a little more than a month before it gets close to being printed, so I'll see how it goes.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
ACalderon

Quote ACalderon Replybullet Posted: 04 May 2007 at 11:10am

Ok, pls let me know how it goes then.

Can you send me some pointers in creating a report from an stored procedure?, in the expert, when I add the sp, there are no fields to add, so the expert won't enable the next or the finish buttons.

Where do I go from here?

Thanks
Thanks and Best Regards
AC
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 04 May 2007 at 11:17am
When adding the stored procedure, it will analyze it and make a list of all fields it returns and also create parameters if necessary. Is it not doing any of this?
IP IP Logged
ACalderon

Quote ACalderon Replybullet Posted: 04 May 2007 at 2:42pm

No, could it be the structure of the stored procedure?, and you send the correct structure for an stored procedure to work with the report, please.

Do I have to make it return a table or something like that?

Thanks again.

Thanks and Best Regards
AC
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 04 May 2007 at 3:49pm
Yes, the stored procedure has to return data (a table). If it doesn't, then Crystal doesn't have anything to report and nothing will happen.
IP IP Logged
EscApe

Quote EscApe Replybullet Posted: 07 May 2007 at 12:51am
Hi, Brian!

I am also interested in buying your book, but live in Finland... So, I'll have to wait until it is on Amazon.

Cheers,
EscApe
IP IP Logged
SYRTECH

Quote SYRTECH Replybullet Posted: 09 May 2007 at 8:27pm
Yes, I would buy this also as soon as it is available.  What books to you offer that I can buy or download that will help us with ver 8.5 & 10?
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version