New feature request
 Crystal Reports Forum : General Information : New feature request
Message Icon Topic: Few requests Post Reply Post New Topic
GuestX

Online Status: Offline
Quote GuestX Replybullet Topic: Few requests
    Posted: 18 May 2007 at 9:18am
I have been using Crystal reports for 2 months, here is some features is miss/i havent found:
*2 dimensional arrays
*ability to "push reports"to make data without database. Groups that can have formulas as value.
*ability to make formula to be separate and not just as copy of it, what i mean this is that if you place "2 copy of formula" that will raise lets say Shared Numbervar value, it would do it for every single formula on same group.
*Subreports on subreport.
*Better mapping dll, more detailed maps.
*Ability to make temp-tables for the time report is running(this maybe can be done allready, someone tell me if you know how)
*text rotation on every angle.
*Ability to send parameters on formulas, as in real functions.
*Structures
Big%20smile I will post more later when i can remember what i have been praying from God 2 months now.
Big%20smile
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 18 May 2007 at 10:09am
I was just working on a tutorial for the book last night and I was wishing we had two dimensional arrays. Sigh...

You CAN have formulas as a group value. I've done it quite a bit. If you post more details maybe something can be sorted out for you?

Subreports within subreports has been requested since the beginning of CR. I doubt if we'll ever see that one though.... 
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
GuestX

Quote GuestX Replybullet Posted: 18 May 2007 at 11:05am
Well i mean formula as group value in that use that it would push report to continue, not in sense of formula as group name or anything. Thing is that i want to do calendar view with cr but it needs some data to push cr to greate fields, i have tried to make it with xml data and with database table that has only numbers, but those are so cheap ways to do it. Problem is that cr cant make anything without database, would be cool if you could use array to create data. I have seen few calendars made with cr but those examles has allways been using som kind of database, or excel file to push new groups on.
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 18 May 2007 at 11:36am
If you can program with .NET, then you can do dynamic datasets to push any data you want to Crsytal Reports. But with Crystal Reports XI by itself then this isn't possible.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
GuestX

Quote GuestX Replybullet Posted: 18 May 2007 at 11:55am
Yeah i read somewhere about those datasets, unfortunately im forced to use unmanaged c++. Btw that is a thing i would gladly read about, mfc c++ and CR, theres not too much info, most of tutorials and msdn is all about .net and CR. 
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 18 May 2007 at 12:03pm
Yeah, C++ doesn't have much info on it anwhere. You're on your own there unfortunately.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version