Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Win app on a server Post Reply Post New Topic
ohioguy_tim

Online Status: Offline
Quote ohioguy_tim Replybullet Topic: Win app on a server
    Posted: 09 Nov 2009 at 7:01am

Hello

I want to place a Windows application which contains a Crystal Report, on to a server and have users on other servers access the application and view the Crystal Report. I have already put the application on a server. On that server I also ran the CRRedist2008_x86.msi file. If I log on to that server I can run the application and view the report. If I log onto another server and access the server that has my application and  report, I can access the application but can't view the report because it can't find the components from the CRRedist2008_x86.msi file. I DON'T want to run the CRRedist2008_msi file on every server. I don't want to purchase the CR Report Application Server. Do I have any other options? Can you some how embed what is in the CRRedist2008_x86.msi file in the vb.net program? I have Visual Studio 2008 and using Crystal Reports Basic in it. I also have CR XI to design reports. Can anyone help?
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version