Talk with the Author
 Crystal Reports Forum : General Information : Talk with the Author
Message Icon Topic: Doesn't work like the book says it does... Post Reply Post New Topic
r0k3t

Online Status: Offline
Quote r0k3t Replybullet Topic: Doesn't work like the book says it does...
    Posted: 02 Oct 2008 at 1:57pm
So I followed your instructions from chapter 9.12, Linking to a stored procedure... It worked like you said it would (after I fixed a little type mis-match). I thought, "finally... the frustration is over" But Oh-No...

Now what happens is the prompt still appears and even if I enter input I get that stupid "missing parameter field..." error.

Has anyone else run into this? if so is there a solution / work around... Believe me I followed the book to the letter - the only difference was in the book you have @CustomerId, I have @ProspectId.

Thanks

IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 03 Oct 2008 at 2:18am
I'm confused. You said that it worked, but then you got the "missing parameter field" error. So what part worked and what part didn't work? Did the two prompts go away, or is something else happening.

Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
r0k3t

Quote r0k3t Replybullet Posted: 03 Oct 2008 at 5:44am
I'm sorry - when I fixed the type mismatch it worked in that my drop down list showed me the variable that I wanted which was of course the argument for the stored procedure. before I was not seeing that.

So if you look at the links I have set up in my main report you see that subreport field to link to is ?@ProspectID

Have a look at http://www.refreshless.net/subReportLink.jpg and you will see that other than the variable name it looks like the screen shot from your book.

Hope I cleared that up.

Thanks!
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 03 Oct 2008 at 9:30am

Thanks, that makes more sense now. I'm thinking that there is a disconnect between the subreport and the stored procedure. Is it possible that the stored procedure has two parameters that it is expecting and you are only passing one parameter to it? I would also try creating the subreport as a stand-alone report and getting it to work with the stored procedure, then once it is working you can add it back into the main report as a subreport. Check out those two things and let me know what you find out.

Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version