Writing Code
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Writing Code
Message Icon Topic: memory cost too much when displaying image Post Reply Post New Topic
Todane

Online Status: Offline
Quote Todane Replybullet Topic: memory cost too much when displaying image
    Posted: 11 Oct 2008 at 1:37pm
Hi,

When I display some images in a report with my program, it costs too much memory. The image file is small like 2MB, and even after it's read into the memory to create the object of ReportDocument, not much memory is used, but after the image is shown in the report, about 100MB memory is used.

This problem always causes "Out of memory" exception for my program when a lot of reports with a lot of images are open.

Any ideas? Thanks a lot!
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 13 Oct 2008 at 11:56am

A 2MB image is actually quite big for Crystal Reports. I had a similar problem and I loaded the image into Photoshop (or whatever program you want) and saved it as a smaller file. Since CR doesn't print high quality graphics, the report looked the same even though the image resolution was reduced.

Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version