Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: GF Summary Question Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 2
DBlank

Online Status: Offline
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 13 May 2009 at 12:11pm
Where is your material cost Running total (that works correctly) in this design?
IP IP Logged
psalm19
Groupie
Groupie

Quote psalm19 Replybullet Posted: 13 May 2009 at 1:27pm
If I understand your question correctly, it is in GH3b.
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 13 May 2009 at 1:55pm
Running Totals don't work correctly in Headers (Summary functions do but running totals don't). It must be giving you the Calculation that you are looking for but I am not sure why.  Do the values change if you move it to GF3b?
Also if the InvoiceName is NULL are there still values that are totaled here? If so, try changing the RT formula to exclude these in the total:
(isnull({table.AccountName})=false or {table.AccountName}<>"") and {tblInvoiceDetail.Type} = ["S", "O", "M", "A"]
IP IP Logged
psalm19
Groupie
Groupie

Quote psalm19 Replybullet Posted: 13 May 2009 at 3:12pm

I didn't realize RT don't work in headers, oddly some of the totals are working for me. I tried your suggestion moving it to GF3b but it didn't solve the problem, it gave back several blank lines then data then more blank lines. I attempted using the RT formula you suggested and that  doesn't work either where I'd expect to see a total of 6K it reports back 65K.

IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 13 May 2009 at 3:18pm
I was afraid they would be "wrong" once you moved them to the footer. This means they are really not working correctly at all. Running Totals work more like "while printing" and go row by row. If you place them in a header you are trying to get a calculation from data that it has not read yet and therefore will not display what they should (based on how they are written, not what you think they should show).
Given that both RT are "broken", can you post some raw sample data, no grouping or suppression, to see if we can figure out a full solution?

Edited by DBlank - 13 May 2009 at 3:18pm
IP IP Logged
psalm19
Groupie
Groupie

Quote psalm19 Replybullet Posted: 14 May 2009 at 10:16am

I'm not sure how to satisify your request of posting sample data. When I click on the image icon in this posting I get back "Access Denied". A picture in this case is definely worth a thousand words.

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 2
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version