Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: incorrect log on parameters connecting to progress Post Reply Post New Topic
ian99

Online Status: Offline
Quote ian99 Replybullet Topic: incorrect log on parameters connecting to progress
    Posted: 27 May 2009 at 8:22am
Hi all,

I have a report published on our report server that will not run.  When I try to schedule it, i get the "Unable to connect: incorrect log on parameters." error.

a bit of background:

the report uses an ODBC connection to a progress db.  The account that i'm using is the an account with no password (just userid).  The odbc connection is fine and I can connect to the db without issues.

on the server that runs businessobjects enterprise, if I open up the report using the crystal designer, i'm able to run it, however i am prompted for a connection password, in which case I click ok (since there is none). 

if I go through the web to the server, I can't schedule it, (putting in the userid in the database logon section has no effect).  If i try to run it on demand, I get prompted for the username and password, and typing in the username and clicking OK does not work.  I cannot get past this screen.

it seems CE does not like a db connection that has no password? is there a way around this? 
IP IP Logged
rahulwalawalkar

Quote rahulwalawalkar Replybullet Posted: 28 May 2009 at 3:45am
Hi

Have you set up the same ODBC connection and settings on the server,you will need to have exact ODBC connection and settings same as your using in Crystal DESIGNER.

Cheers
Rahul
IP IP Logged
ian99

Quote ian99 Replybullet Posted: 28 May 2009 at 5:34am
I ended up figuring it out.  I used a made up password and the report runs.  In interprise manager, I overrode the default database connection settings for the report object and put in a bogus password.  Seems CE needed one even though none was required.

thanks for the reply!

Ian

Edited by ian99 - 28 May 2009 at 5:34am
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version