Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Won't Get New Data Post Reply Post New Topic
bmurphywa

Online Status: Offline
Quote bmurphywa Replybullet Topic: Won't Get New Data
    Posted: 10 Aug 2009 at 4:24pm

CR X. My report won't refresh.

Save data with report is UNchecked at both Report Options, and Options>Reporting

Discard Data On Opening is checked.

There is no preview tab when opening the report.

I have confirmed my connection to the database (queried a table not used before so CR had to go get it).

Here's the problem - for some reason CR won't get the new data that has been entered since early last week. I can hit refresh all day long and it does me no good.

Help!  Please!

Bill
IP IP Logged
snehalatha

Quote snehalatha Replybullet Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 7:45am
Hi

Check the save data with report option.

Click on the Print preview icon, You get the report with updated data...

Hope this is helpful Smile

IP IP Logged
bmurphywa

Quote bmurphywa Replybullet Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 9:53am
I tried your suggestion with no success.

For what it is worth, the general response I've seen in other posts says that the "Save Data with Report" option should be unchecked which makes sense to me.

Anyway, I did try your approach for lack of anything better to try and it did not help. 

The most recent data on the report is from July 26 and there have been several additions since then that do not appear on the report even though I can see them clearly using SQL on the database.

I remain open to other suggestions.

Edited by bmurphywa - 12 Aug 2009 at 9:54am
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 10:11am

I know you have tried some of these but here is a laundry list to recheck.

1. do you have a test and live environment? Make sure all of your views and stored procs are the same in both. Make sure ALL of your sources in your report (and subreports) are pointing to the LIVE source.
NOTE: I have this set up and can't tell you how many times I have forgot to update 1 little thing and it all goes to pot. Very hard to figure out what you are missing.
2. check your select statement to make sure you did not filter out items you think you should be getting.
3. If you are using joins and or select statement in crystal, mimic it in SQL to verify that crystal should be seeing the data. Just becasue you can see it in SQL does not mean you did not filter it out by the time the report is displaying.
IP IP Logged
bmurphywa

Quote bmurphywa Replybullet Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 10:16am
Thanks.  I will go through this list carefully and let  you know the results.
IP IP Logged
bmurphywa

Quote bmurphywa Replybullet Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 7:36pm
DBlank -

OMG. I figured it out and I'm none too happy but I'll get over it.  My database is an Advantage database underlying a medical billing app that I'll call Alpha (because I certainly would not want to call out the @$!!%^$ software company by name).

Anyway, it just dawned on me (OK, I should have figured this out before) that we did an upgrade on the same day that was the endpoint for my data.  A lot was going on that day so the correlation wasn't as obvious to me as it should have been.

In any event, the data tables were renamed and relocated in this upgrade.  The old tables were in c:/alpha and the new tables are in c:/alpha/data.  Now that I know this, I thought I could simply use the Datasource Location function to  point CR in the right direction.

This is where I (still) need your help.

Using the either Database Expert or the Datasource Location function, I only see the standard database tree (Current Connections, Favorites, Hisotry, etc.) but I do not see how to repoint CR.  CR sees the old c:/alpha location (which still has the legacy files in it) but apparently does not see c:/alpha/data.  How do I force CR to look at C:/alpha/data?

Thanks.

Edited by bmurphywa - 13 Aug 2009 at 3:19am
IP IP Logged
bmurphywa

Quote bmurphywa Replybullet Posted: 13 Aug 2009 at 3:22am
DBlank -

After several failed attempts the DataSource Location did see the new database in c:/alpha/data.  If I knew what I had done to make this happen, I would certainly post it here for others' enlightenment.  It works - I don't know why.

Thanks for your efforts and quick responses.

Bill Murphy
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version