Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: External server issues Post Reply Post New Topic
Sooz123

Online Status: Offline
Quote Sooz123 Replybullet Topic: External server issues
    Posted: 03 Sep 2009 at 7:46am
We have an internal Crystal Enterprise 10 server that we can connect to using Crystal Reports 10 .NET on just about any old internal server we try (all Server 2003).  The second we remove the web server from the domain and move that server outside the firewall (even though we have confirmed the firewall is wide open between the CE server and the web server), we start having issues.

Sitting with a network admin watching the traffic, we logged into a crystal interface on the web server.  Network admin saw the servers talking to each other.  The login request went out from the web server and was received by the CE server, the CE server returned a list of reports we could run, and the web server displayed the list in the interface for us. 

Then, we chose a report and clicked "load report".  Silence.  The web server didn't even attempt to ask the CE server for the report. 

As I said, the exact same installation works fine on every internal server on the domain that we try it on.  Every time we try to take it off the domain and put it outside, this oddball thing starts happening.

There has got to be some configuration issue going on here.  I also had an external web farm that was set up years ago (so no one remembers how they did it) with CR10 that was working fine.  I wanted to duplicate the problem in this test environment so I took one of the servers in that farm, confirmed CR10 was pulling reports and working fine, then reloaded it with Server 2003 R2 and put the CR10 .NET piece back on it.  And BOOM- I sure did duplicate the problem...

Is there some kind of special configuration for external web servers that are not on the domain that we don't know about?

Edited by Sooz123 - 03 Sep 2009 at 7:48am
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version