Writing Code
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Writing Code
Message Icon Topic: multiple table links Post Reply Post New Topic
Pink

Online Status: Offline
Quote Pink Replybullet Topic: multiple table links
    Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 1:27pm
Hi,
I'm looking for a way to change (in run time) the direction of the link between 2 tables... (table1 --> table2 to table1 <-- table2)

If not possible changing the left join to inner join should do it (I like more first option), but it also has to be done in run time...

I also have a third option in mind with another table(that I should be able to find by myself) but since my report already 3tables, this would be my last option...

I'm open to do it in vb.net or in crystal report since I'm pushing my tables from vb anyway...

Thanks in advance
Pink

Ps. Please  dont mind my spealing, I'm french and it's friday Sleepy

IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 6:30pm
You can't do it in Crystal at runtime.  I thought you might be able to do it in vb.net using the ReportDocument object model and the ReportDocument.Database.Links property, but all of the properties of a link are read only, so you can't reset them there. 

The tools you need to set this are available in the ReportvApplication Server SDK.  I haven't really used this, so I don't have sample code available.  Try looking here http://devlibrary.businessobjects.com/BusinessObjectsXIR2/en/devsuite.htm for more information.  Click on "Report Application Server SDK" and then on ".NET Developer Guide and API Reference".  You're looking for the TableLink class.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Pink

Quote Pink Replybullet Posted: 28 Sep 2009 at 8:13am
Thank a lot Dell for your time and your answer...

This sentence(in the web site you gave me) made me choose another path : "Notice of Deprecation: The RAS COM SDK is deprecated, and will not be available in future releases of BusinessObjects Enterprise and Crystal Reports Server. It is supported in XI Release 2 and earlier."

To solve my problem, I kept the left join but made sure that the concerned table was filled (I intentionnally sent wrong informations into it...)

The main reason why I asked for this option while knowing how to do it in an other way is because with this crystal report (.rpt), I've created over 120 reports(choices) for my clients and I was asked to double this amount... I've wanted to keep it simple...lolll

Ps. If someone find a way to bypass the readonly option mention by my friend Dell, please dont be shy and speak up!!!

Pink

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version