Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Passing parameter Post Reply Post New Topic
GeorgeJ

Online Status: Offline
Quote GeorgeJ Replybullet Topic: Passing parameter
    Posted: 08 Oct 2009 at 1:32pm
Hi guys,
sorry if this is the most basic thing, but I have problem to pass parameter from CrystalReportForm combo box to the DataSet and load that DataSet to CR to display it. Can someone pls show me simple example of how to do it? The DataSource for the DataSet should be Access database if it makes any difference?!
Thanks a million
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 08 Oct 2009 at 6:50pm
Since the report is being built from a dataset, then all the work is done in .NET. Thus, this isn't really a crystal reports question. If you're dataset is based on pure SQL, then you would have to embed the combobox value into the WHERE clause of the SQL statement. If you're using a stored procedure, then pass it as a parameter when you call the stored procedure.

After this is done, you can go into debug mode and check what is in the dataset to see if it got the records you expected it to return. Then pass the dataset to your report. But as you can see, all the work is done PRIOR to passing the dataset to the report.

If you need help on using .NET with Crystal Reports, you could check out my book which tells you everything you need to know:
Crystal Reports Encyclopedia v2

Edited by BrianBischof - 08 Oct 2009 at 6:51pm
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version