Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Multiple Data Sources Post Reply Post New Topic
BKFL3400

Online Status: Offline
Quote BKFL3400 Replybullet Topic: Multiple Data Sources
    Posted: 10 Mar 2010 at 12:32pm
Using Crystal xi I have a report that pulls data from two different databases on the same server. I have set the default database in Central Management console. It prompts the user for the second database login that is not set as the default. Can I set the report so it recognizes both database login credentials so the user does not receive a prompt?
Thank you!
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 10 Mar 2010 at 12:39pm
In the CMS, when you look at the database properties of a report, you should see both of the connections in the box to the left of the login info.  Select each one and set the login for it.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
BKFL3400

Quote BKFL3400 Replybullet Posted: 10 Mar 2010 at 12:43pm
Thanks for the reply. I have done that but it is still prompting for one of the two databases
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 10 Mar 2010 at 1:03pm
Are you using Crystal Server or BusinessObjects Enterprise?  Which version?  Have you applied all of the service packs?

-Dell
IP IP Logged
BKFL3400

Quote BKFL3400 Replybullet Posted: 10 Mar 2010 at 1:07pm
Business Objects Enterprise 12.1.0 As far as I know all patches have been applied
IP IP Logged
ENPRO

Quote ENPRO Replybullet Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 4:41pm
I am writing a report that gets data from two data sources SQL and MS Access.  It display's properly in Crystal 10 however, when i click on Set Database location I get a Database warning message referencing not to have a server side grouping or SQL statement.

When I run the report from the Crystal Viewer in my inventory application  I get the following error in my inventory application "failed to load database information".  

In Crystal I am connecting to a query in the Access database which Crystal lists as a view.   I made a simple report and set it up in my application.  If I connect to either database seperately the  report previews correctly.  If I add any part of both of them to the report it doesn't work.  When I test it from a workstation I get the results mentioned above.  If i run it from my inventory application located on the SQL server it works correctly from the Crystal Viewer.  I have the Access database located on the same server as SQL.

Any ideas?  Let me know if I need to clarify with more information.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version