Writing Code
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Writing Code
Message Icon Topic: Open Report in Visual Studio from BO Enterprise Post Reply Post New Topic
OKsoccer24

Online Status: Offline
Quote OKsoccer24 Replybullet Topic: Open Report in Visual Studio from BO Enterprise
    Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 9:15am
I am wanting to use Visual Studio 2008 to build a webpage that pulls a Crystal Report from the Business Objects Enterprise Sever and displays it keeping the cystal functionality. People around me have used the CR/BO webservice to get the report using CrystalReportsViewer.GetCrystalReport but only gets the report in pdf, word, etc. Can you point in a proper direction or show me an example somewhere?
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 10:31am
You need to look for "OpenDocument" or "URL Reporting" in the BO SDK documentation.  You're web application will have to be able to connect to the web server where the site for InfoView is installed.

you'll see several items come up about "Constructing the URL".  They're listed under the COM and Java SDK's but the url has basically the same format whatever language you build it in.  The only differences might arise if you're using the .NET version of the BOE web applications instead of the Java version.

Another place to look, if you're on XI 3.0 or 3.1 and have access to the site is http://help.sap.com.  Click on the SAP BusinessObjects tab, then on BI Solutions, then on the SAP BusinessObjects Solution Portfolio Knowledge Center link in the middle of the page.  This will take you to a page where you can download BOE documentation.  The document you're looking for is titled "Viewing Reports and Documents Using URLs".

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version