Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Full Outer Join Possibilities Post Reply Post New Topic
gabew75

Online Status: Offline
Quote gabew75 Replybullet Topic: Full Outer Join Possibilities
    Posted: 14 Jun 2010 at 9:08am
I have two databases located on two different MS SQL servers, for which I need to do a Full Outer Join on a "DeviceName" field that resides in both. 

Apparently I am unable to do a full outer in that situation.  I seem to be able to if the tables are in the same database, but not when they are separate like that.

What are my options for working around this?  I have tried multiple SQL drivers (including ODBC).  Is there another good way to query this data?  I need to compare all of the devices in each database in one Crystal Report.
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 14 Jun 2010 at 10:14am
I had a project where we mapped the second database from within the first database (I don't know how the DBA did it, but I know it's possible). That made the tables appear to Crystal as if there were all from the same database. It worked well.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
gabew75

Quote gabew75 Replybullet Posted: 14 Jun 2010 at 10:19am
OK, thanks.  What about using a subreport?  Could I somehow accomplish it that way?

Geek
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 14 Jun 2010 at 1:18pm
Yes, you can connect a subreport to the other database and use the subreport link to join their data and print the details in the subreport.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version